Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jesus & Nicodemus

I made this video for someone who used it for a sermon.  I'm not sure how in the sermon it was used, but it was obvious that production quality was not a real high priority.  I post this as yet another example of how media could be used in the parish.  You might recognize one of the actors.  Let me take all blame if the quality of the video does not impress you.  I make no excuses, but I think the useful video makes its point.  One of the concerns I have is my ability to produce quality videos in a timely manner.  Some of my ideas will require much more time to produce videos of quality I'm used to and envision.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know, I actually think the production values are pretty high! I like how you've framed this. Your actors speak clearly, their costumes do not detract from the dialogue, and you've made the words come alive in an interesting way. I only wish you'd cited the music, since it was a very effective emotional backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are encouraging, Mary. I agreed to do this at a time when I was very sick and had to cut corners to get the project done on time. Yes, I blew it on the music credit. I was taken from "Le sommeil de Lear", by Tadaaki Otaka, Robert Plane, BBC National Orch. of Wales

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think videos like this could bring to life something which people who are visually oriented might need. I'm not sure how I would use it in worship, but I can see it's value as a starting point to studying the passage. It makes us take a step back and view the passage from another interpretation and allows us to continue moving it forward into our own lives.

    I appreciate all my classmates are bring to the forefront as I continue processing my own thoughts on social media.

    ReplyDelete